Mater Education in partnership with Mater Mothers’ Hospitals now offers the opportunity for Enrolled Nurses (ENs) to increase their skills and knowledge to care for new mothers and babies in the midwifery care environment.
The program suits people currently working as an enrolled nurse, in healthcare or midwifery led care who would like to develop their knowledge and skills as an EN in the midwifery environment.
Participants will learn:
- anatomy and physiology of the reproductive system
- anatomy and physiology of the breast and lactogenesis
- physiological changes to the neonate
- care of the newborn
- complications of the newborn
- postnatal care of women
- complications in the postnatal period.