Ever thought about conducting in situ simulation activities in your organisation? Have you tried before without much traction?
This one-day workshop will guide you through the development, delivery and evaluation of in situ simulation activities.
During the workshop you will have the opportunity to consider your simulation strengths, challenges you currently face in conducting in situ simulation activities, discuss possible solutions and explore some strategies to address them in your organisation.
This course aims to prepare any health professional involved in, or who is interested in, simulation education in the clinical environment.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- demonstrate a knowledge of the role and application of in situ simulation in healthcare
- consider evaluation strategies for your in situ simulation activities
- construct, conduct and review the elements required to build an in situ simulation scenario
- demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain a safe learning space amongst the challenges of the clinical environment
- apply a structured framework and the principles of debriefing
- conduct a post in situ simulation debrief.
An understanding of simulation as an educational methodology is desired.