This workshop aims to give clinicians the knowledge and skills to identity a clinical problem and locate evidence to guide practice, and/or initiate or be involved in the review or development of a clinical policy in their area.
Sessions presented by Nursing Research Centre research staff include:
1. Introduction to evidence based practice
- introduction to evidence based processes
- difference between a systematic review and a literature review
- learn about levels of evidence.
2. Finding evidence for your practice
- how to develop a search strategy
- database searching tips and hints to save you time
- practical exercises searching the databases.
3. Appraising the evidence
- how to check if evidence is of good quality
- easy for clinicians to understand
- simple and easy tool
- group work.
4. Integrating the evidence into clinical policies
- learn how to incorporate evidence into hospital policies
- practical exercise
- discuss strategies for implementing evidence.