Do you have what it takes to be the face of healthcare? Have you thought about a career in one of the most secure and in-demand industries?
Yes? Then this course is for you.
Mater Education gives you the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills you need to work in medical reception and administration. Even if you already work in a similar role, this course will give you the chance to expand and formalise your current skills and knowledge.
The knowledge and skills you learn in this course will prepare you for roles including:
- medical receptionist (for both public and private practices)
- medical administration
- ward clerk
- medical records clerk
- medical secretary.
You'll be taught by content experts, and you will receive a statement of attainment for the accredited units you complete successfully.
Medical terminology unit is online, and you can access trainer support at workshops and during business hours. Other topics include:
- customer service, communication, policy and procedures (workshop one)
- medical records, privacy and confidentiality, and appointment booking (workshop two)
- billing processes, Medicare, and private health insurance (workshop three)
Units of competency included in course:
- BSBMED302 Prepare and process medical accounts
- BSBMED303 Maintain patient records
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBMED305 Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment
- BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
If you have successfully completed any of the above units, please contact us before applying and paying for the course. You will need to enrol through a different process, to ensure you don't pay for the unit/s you don't need.